Anyways! Last week I mentioned that I was going to post some of my latest favourite reads. I am such a bookworm, I honestly go through 2-3 books a week. I have been having some serious luck lately, finding good reads one after another. So here are my top 6 picks for April!
2) Big Little Lies: I found this novel so fun. Again, it is a psychological thriller, but it has a good amount of humour embedded within it as well. It tells the stories of all of these different ladies who are connected through their kids kindergarten school and all share in the questionable murder of someone. I really loved it! (Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman are turning this into a mini-series!)
3) Into The Darkest Corner: Another psychological thriller, lol! This is probably my favourite of all them. It is super complex, scary, emotional and really does make you make sure you have locked your doors at night lol... All the while, you are following Cathy on her difficult and debilitating journey and the entire time, you just want to hug her!
4) City Of Thieves: One of my friends told me about this book! It is out of my normal genre of choice, but I am so glad that I chose to read it. It is set during the Nazis brutal siege of Leningrad, it is terrifying and yet drenched in humour all at the same time.
5) The Boston Girl: This was such a sweet novel. A super easy read, light and funny but still had an important message. Set in the early 1900's, it is the story of how one Jewish American defies the status quo of society and doesn't take no for answer. It shows the story of a woman looking to make something of herself and not settling for the life that she is expected to live.
6) The Bluest Eye: I won't say too much about this one because there is not enough space to get me started here. A truly beautiful story. It is fairly short but it conveys a very, very important message.
Well thats all I have for you today friends! I hope that one of these books catches your eye and you enjoy it as much as I did! Have a lovely day and I will see you back here tomorrow for a style post!
Love, Melis xxoo